I've had a thing recently for cards where most of the interest is on the inside.
Today's card is exactly that -
only a small amount of detail is on the outside, with the inside full of colour and extra interest.
Here's what I mean...
The cute little bears in Mama Elephant's Bear Hugs stamp set
were perfect for the outside of my card
with the baby bear thinking about his sweet Mama:)
The inside then reveals the rest of his sentiment...
Love these stamps - they stamp so beautifully with fine detail in the lettering.
1. Die cut a smallish oval from your white card front and put aside.
2. Using brown tone Distress Inks create a wash of colour on a piece of card,
allowing the colours to mix and blend, then set aside to dry.
3. Meanwhile blend Peacock Feathers and Cracked Pistachio Distress Inks on the inside of the card (or on another piece of card that you later adhere inside) and flick with Dazzling Diamonds
Glimmer Mist or water.
4. Checking what you can see through the die cut window, stamp your sentiment on the inside of the card and embellish with the mini images in the set.
5. Stamp the bears on the water coloured piece and add shading with Prisma Colours.
Fussy or die cut same.
6. Add a strip of washi tape to the card front to ground the bears
and adhere them on top with foam tape.
7. Create teeny thought bubbles for baby bear with Ranger Black Enamel Accents.
I hope you'll have fun trying this idea out with some of your stamp sets.