Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Go Wild!

Hi - Ann here today using a fun new stamp set by Gerda Steiner - this one comes with matching dies, so a bonus there too!  It is Go Wild - and includes the cutest wild animals (not likely to scare anyone!) and a safari truck and explorer - too cute!


 I had the black square on my desk, and because it had the embossed lines like rays, I thought it might look like the group were on a night-time hunt, so that was the base of my little picture.

It was such fun to stamp and colour this collection - I will list the Copic colours I used below, but I will explain that I tried to make it look 'dusty' so added streaks rather than trying to blend properly (as if!).  Can you see what I did with the elephant trunk?  I wanted him to hang over the windscreen so sliced beside his trunk, letting it hang over.  He is so cute, so I was worried that I might spoil him, but I love how it turned out!



My lighting wasn't too good today, so for my second photo I have 'adjusted' it, but quite liked the bright glow behind the intrepid explorers so left it as is:)

Copic colours used:
Elephant:  cool greys - C1, C2, C5 and R20 for the inside of his ears.
Giraffe:  E53, E02, E35 and R20
Safari man:  E53, E02, BG93, YG91, E33, E35, E37
Car:  YG03, BG93, YG17 and cool greys for the tyres.




Thanks so much for visiting today, and I hope you get to enjoy some crafty time too:)



All the products available from Scrapbook Boutique are listed below with links to the shop if you feel like you need to buy them too!


6 comments:

  1. Great card! Beautifully coloured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog hop! You sure have a Talented design Team . Thanks to Alicia McNamarra for sharing ( how I found out about the blog hop and mood board) Can't wait to get started on a page for the July challenge. Such a luscious mood board!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so darn cute Ann, I adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww....this is super cute...I love the background black square...and what you did with the elephant trunk...awesome..!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. We took a trip to Werribee zoo yesterday and went on the Safari bus - totally like our day :)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10