Friday, May 26, 2017

Tweet Wishes

Hello everyone - it's Ann here today, with a cute little card, featuring two of the owls from MFT stamp set:  Tweet Wishes


To guide my colour scheme, I chose the paper Free Spirit by Cocoa Vanilla - stamping the tree from the set directly onto one paper, and using the script from the back of another sheet.  

On the white background panel (cut to 10.5 x 14.8cm) I sponged a wave stencil with Distress Oxide inks in my colour palette of aqua, pink/coral and peach.  This was my very first time of using Oxides, and I am thrilled with them - they blend beautifully, layer when added to another colour, and look so soft!  Just sayin'....

The tree, with a little colour added to the leaves, was adhered to the front panel, which was then cut using the scalloped rectangle die from ME Basic Set, and then adhered to a pink card base.

The owls were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto smooth blending card, coloured with Copics (colours used listed below) and fussy cut out.  They were then added to the card with foam dots.  I did add some sparkle to their beaks with Spectrum Noir clear pen, but couldn't capture that on my photo.

I tried something a little different for my sentiment - I just cut thin strips of the text paper, and snipped them to include different sentiments, then added these to my card front.  A bit random, but I think it works:)

A few sequins were added and the card is finished.


Copic colours used:  R32, R35, RV14, RV95, E02, B000, B02, BG15, BG49


Thanks so much for coming by - have a great weekend, and happy crafting!



Products available from Scrapbook Boutique:



4 comments:

  1. So gorgeous Ann, your inspiration colours were perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Ann........those owls are so cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute...the owls look adorable Ann..!! :)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10