Friday, May 12, 2017

Beautiful Butterflies

Hello - it's Ann here with a card using my latest favourite stamp set:  MFT Beautiful Butterflies.

Just look at the variety of butterflies that can be created using the four different images and 3-step stamping.  How many inks do you have?  You should try them all out!


 This image is similar to that of the Monarch butterfly, but I didn't let that stop me with my colour choices:)


I think this image is the Ulysses butterfly - so favour the blue colour choice here!




Now to the card I made for you - very clean and simple, but I do love the coloured stencil behind my square frame.




The recipe for my card:

  • Cut a top fold card from white cardstock 12cm x 24cm.
  • Using a square from the MFT square stax as a template, mask off a square onto the card front
  • Place the stencil over this masked space and secure it in place with painters tape - then using a sponge, colour the stencil in a pale ink of your choice.
  • Using two consecutive squares from the stax, cut a frame from black card and adhere over the stencilled square.  NB:  the square dies I used are not currently available at SBB, so in my product list I have substituted the Wonky Squares for your information.  
  • Stamp the butterfly in the colours of your choice - as I often do, I stamped several of the first step using my Misti, then placed the second stamp in place and stamped all of the second step.  Finally, I stamped the last step - this helps a lot in lining up, but even without the Misti, I was able to achieve a pretty good match up as you can see above - all of my sample strips were created without the Misti.
  • Fussy cut the butterfly image, leaving a small border and adhere with a glue dot to the stencilled square.
  • Stamp a sentiment from Labelled Messages stamp set by Mama Elephant, using the Misti in case you need to stamp more than once.  If you're unsure you can always stamp it on a scrap of white card and cut it out as a banner.
So that is all there is to it - a simple and almost flat card, perfect for mailing!  Now who can I send it to???

Thanks so much for visiting, and I wish you lots of happy crafting time!



Products available from Scrapbook Boutique:




5 comments:

  1. So lovely Ann. Love the vibrant pink butterfly on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little stencilled area under your gorgeous butterfly Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Ann...I love butterflies and this one beautiful butterfly is just perfect...!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty - I love all the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10