Saturday, April 1, 2017

sending Love with Angela

Hi there everyone! Angela here with another take on this gorgeous MFT heart die.  I wanted a little more masculine feel and I love how this turned out!!  I couldn't find any paper in my stash that fitted what I wanted to do, so I made my own!!  I smeared an A5 sheet of neenah cardstock with versamark and embossed with the GORGEOUS ranger silver embossing powder.  I thought I would have to do it a couple of times but I found I nailed it first time.  I die cut the heart as well as a few other things (I hate wasting things!!) A little tip though....... when you pop out your shapes from the die DON'T shove them all to one side as it will take you AGES to match up popping them back in when you are making up the card!!  See I am here to help!  I just loved doing this and I know I will do it again with my other embossing powders too.




* Trim grey cardstock 10cm x 28cm and fold in half
* trim another grey cardstock 10cm x 14 cm and die cut a MFT heart top centre of card
* Die cut MFT heart with white paper. Release from die and insert in grey cardstock.
* On the back cover with double sided tape so small pieces adhere easily.
*smear an A5 sheet of white smooth cardstock with versamark, cover with silver embossing powder and heat set.  I did this once but you may have to repeat.
*once cooled, die cut heart and when releasing try and keep pieces intact ( as this will be easier to replace on card!)
* insert silver pieces in card.  The adhesive will keep it secure.
*stamp sentiment along heart
*adhere with foam dots to base card.


4 comments:

  1. Love that embossing powder and this looks fabulous Ang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this card and your idea to heat emboss your own shiny paper! I'm here to help if you ever need it in the future, my only skill seems to be to match tiny bits up to a die cut - I can't find my way out of a paper bag, but I seem to have this 'useful' skill lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card ... and great tip on using embossing powder too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card....love the metallic look...!!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10