Wednesday, April 12, 2017

A Daisy a Day

Hi everyone - it's Ann here with a watercoloured card using a new stamp set by 49 & Market:  Gabis Daisies.


At first I was going to colour only 3 daisies, but I kept 'piling them on' as I loved them so much!  I rather like the natural look of them as they are now.  It is a pretty bold card, partly because as a novice water colourist I prefer to heat emboss my images first, and I did this with Versafine Vintage Sepia, which looks more green than brown, but more natural than black!  Having nicely blended my Distress Ink colours (Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Abandoned Coral, Shabby Shutters and Gathered Twigs), I felt it looked a bit pale, so came back in with some Distress Markers, which I'd forgotten don't blend well once the image is dry, so was now left with distinct colours rather than blended ones.


But as they say, there are no mistakes, just opportunities, so I chose to take this advice, and made the extra colour even more distinct, thus giving the very bold look which I hope they are wearing with pride:)

With the equally bold 'happy' sentiment, for balance, I added a bold pattern to the top of my card, with some wide washi, and a few splashes of paint rather than a delicate wash.  So my result is different to what I originally had in mind - But I hope better!  I'm going to try many more variations with this stamp set - perhaps a little more traditional next time.

Thanks so much for visiting, and I wish you all some very happy crafting!


Products available at Scrapbook Boutique:




3 comments:

  1. Pile those daisies up Ann, they look amazing on your beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these gorgeous abd bright daisies Ann...so beautiful..!!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10