Monday, March 20, 2017

Love Always with Angela

Hi there!! Ange here today with a little card  stretching one of my existing stamp sets.  I do ♥love♥ MFT scribble stamp set and especially paired with the Luxe stamps too.  I find the Luxe stamps nice and 'juicy' and really do a good job covering solid stamp shapes.  This card originally was going to be a bouquet and whilst I was stamping, I changed my mind to have a flower within a flower.  I embossed the scribble in white to make it really pop against the solid colour and was happy with that. A lick of wink of stella gives it a lovely shimmery finish (although I really need to learn restraint sometimes!! )


  

* Trim red cardstock 21cm x 16 cm and fold in half landscape
* Trim neenah white cardstock 9.5cm x 16 cm
* Cover large MFT solid stamp with Tsukineko Luxe Love Letter and stamp just above the middle of the neenah white.
* Cover smaller MFT solid stamp with Love Letter and stamp close to and above the large stamp.
* re ink and stamp all around middle large stamp so it resembles a flower.
* cover neenah white cardstock with embossing buddy.
* Using versamark cover each "petal" with scribble rose working quickly
* Cover with white embossing powder and heat emboss
* In petals with Tsukineko Pear Tart and stamp
* Stamp sentiment with versafine black onyx
* cover each petal with Wink of Stella
*adhere to red base card with pop dots.

******ETA  I was going to emboss first and the stamp the Red petals second as I was worried the embossing powder would stick to the solid if I did it the other was round.  I couldn't really see where I was stamping the scribble so I decided to do the solid first.  Using the embossing buddy and making sure the red solid shapes were completely dry worked fine :)



4 comments:

  1. Always love this stamp set and your created flower in a flower is just perfect! The rich colour base is lovely. Thanks for your tip re drying and using the embossing buddy - always good to be reminded:) Why try to learn some restraint? It's working for you the way you are IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool - very versatile stamp set too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Ang! That scribble stamp is very cool and I love the inclusion of the little bit of extra sparkle. No restraint needed!!
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Ange...Love it..!!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10