Sunday, March 26, 2017

Hello

Hi everyone - Ann here to share a couple of cards that were so much fun (and relaxing) to make.  When I first saw the MFT stamp 'Hello' I couldn't wait to get my hands on it, as it seemed to me to be everything I need in one stamp - sentiment, flowers, colouring (not that you have to colour it all) and it fills the card! Just take a look:


A happy hello - with a profusion of tropical flowers to brighten anyone's day!  This first card is coloured with Copics - my go-to medium of choice.  On this card, you might notice that I have brought forward the top pink flower and the bottom lilac flower - I did this by wiping off the ink of the letters to be covered before stamping - I had seen this done on Pinterest and thought I'd give it a try for myself.  I like both versions but I think the stamp is just beautiful as it is!


And another version, this time coloured with Prismacolour Pencils - I thought it might be interesting to see if there was much difference, and I don't believe there is.


So not many steps in making this card:

1.  Stamp using Memento Tuxedo Black if you intend to use Copics for your colour, or Versafine Onyx Black if using pencils, watercolour.

2.  Colour the image, entirely, or some areas you wish to highlight.

3.  Trim the panel to size - I like to use the stitched rectangle in the ME Basic Die Set, and then trim my card to fit it.

4.  Stamp an extra sentiment if you wish - Happy Birthday came from MFT 'Happy Pandas'.

5.  Adhere the panel to the card front - either directly as in my second version, or popped up using fun foam behind it as in the first version.

6.  If you wish, embellish the image with Perfect Pearls, gel pen or glitter glue - I really don't think it needs anything more, but have fun with it and see what you prefer.

I aim to make several more of these cards, without adding an extra sentiment - so they can be used for so many occasions - Hello plus:  Congratulations, Wonderful News, Thinking of You, Just a Note, Missing You, Dear Friend - you get the idea:)

Thank you for coming by today, and Happy Crafting!



Products available from Scrapbook Boutique:  at time of posting, the Hello stamp is out of stock, but just leave your contact details, and you will be notified when it is back in stock!



5 comments:

  1. Love that you have shared two similar but different versions of the same card, you are so very clever Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Ann, loveing this stamp...x ♥[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both versions look great Ann....so colourful and beautiful..!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann this is beautiful. Love the bright colours.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10