The technique of spotlighting the sentiment, gives a one-layer card a little extra dimension.
Soft blue shading around the circle also adds to the dimension.
- Start by cutting a circle mask, and then - using a Misti or stamp positioning tool - stamp your selected flower image. I kept to the left side of the card, as that was the design I was aiming for.
- Remove the mask, clean the stamps and then stamp in exactly the same place with a pale pink ink.
- Cut the same size circle as the mask from thickish card, and place this over the original circle. Using a black fine liner pen, carefully draw around the inside of the circle.
- Colour the main image with Copics or Pencils, being sure not to colour in the circle area.
- To fill as much of the card front as you wish, randomly stamp flower images across the front of the card in the pale pink ink.
- Stamp your sentiment in black - I used the Mom sentiment from Altenew's 'Forever Grateful' stamp set.
I added a contrast strip of washi tape and a few sequins and rounded the front right edge.
I hope you give this technique a try - and check out Julie's work too if you have the time!
Thanks so much for visiting!
Supplies available from Scrapbook Boutique: