Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Mixed Media Inspiration

Good morning,

Today I have something a little different to share with you, and something quite personal. Not a card, not a layout, but I've recently branched out into a mixed media format, more specifically, bible journalling.  

A bit of backstory - the reason I decided to try this is because I've always been curious about what was between the pages of this book, and I must admit I have this warmth in my heart as a read (and nod). There's a lot in here that I had already been taught. A lot of sayings I already knew and lived by. So as I listen to a new sermon, or read a new verse I am learning and loving what I read. And I love making each page unique as I read it by adding notes, highlighting text that rings true and inspires me to draw more positivity and love into my life. 

Now, I also want to point out that this a person journey for me. You can alter any book you like, in any way you like, it does not have to be this book.

I'll share some of the mixed media items I used at the end of this post.  You can also follow me on Instagram @alovelypointofview for regular sneak peeks.

This is the first page I worked on, about a month ago.  Galatians 6:9... "And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." In other words - Keep on going, don't give up. Don't be dragged down by other people. Remember love.



To start each page I added 1-2 layers of Gesso to prepare the page, and prevent bleeding through to the next page.  So far, it has worked flawlessly!  I've also used watercolours to colour the pages. Layers and layers of wash. 



I'm also dusting of stamps and stickers that I haven't used in years! My washi tape is getting a work out again and as you can see from the above page, some messages just need to leap from the page.  Proverbs 16:32.

And the following page is just a sneak peek - Psalm 37:7. More layers, stamping, glorious colour.  If you only invest in one set of water colour paints, get your hands on the Prima ones - they are amazing!


I hope you feel inspired to try something new this week. 
Until next time! xx


3 comments:

  1. I don't know what journalling is but the pages you've done look so beautiful Amanda...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love bible journaling <3 All the best on your bible journaling journey. You will be blessed :)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10