Monday, December 12, 2016

Merry Christmas

Hello all!  Ann here with a Christmas card using MFT Merry Centrepieces die and an elf from Santa's Elves.




The sentiment die is the star of this card, so I wanted to create a background which packed a punch too!  I turned to my Ken Oliver's Colour Burst powders (they had been misplaced for some time but found again).  My process for this background was to wet watercolour card with clean water, sprinkle gently the three colours I had chosen - Pthalo Green, Ultramarine Blue and Merlot - then spray a little more water on and stand back to watch the magic!  I didn't touch the card with a brush, but just let the colours blend as they blended.  I probably was lucky that I had just the right amount of water and powder!  I left this panel to dry.


While the water colour panel was drying, I stamped one of the elves from MFT Santa's Elves, and coloured it with Copic markers to coordinate with the background.  This was fussy cut and popped up on the front panel with foam dots.


When the Watercolour panel was dry, it was adhered behind the white front panel, which was then adhered to the card front.  I finished the card with Ranger enamel dots, in aqua and purple. Wink of Stella was added to the elf's hat and bauble.

Thank you so much for visiting - and I hope you can find some crafty time amongst all the busyness of the season!


I am so sorry, but the MFT Centrepiece die is currently not available at Scrapbook Boutique, so in my product list I have substituted the large 'hello' speech bubble which could easily work just as well in this design.   I do apologise for this oversight!


Supplies from Scrapbook Boutique:





4 comments:

  1. Awww...this is sooo cute and so very beautiful...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Ann, love the colours blended in the background window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the beautiful colours used, this is such a cute card. Have a lovely day. Cheers Donna Z :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous background panel. And you did a fab job matching the elf to the background.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10