Friday, December 9, 2016

Holiday Cheer

Hello there!  Ann here with another Christmas card (they'll be coming thick and fast now, as Christmas is so close).  This time I am using the really sweet deer images from the MFT set:  Deer Friends.  Because I wanted the deer to face each other, I chose one of the solid images and one of the outline images.  They look like good friends this way, don't they?  And because they do, this stamp set can be used all year long - a bonus!


I started by cutting out the radial circle from the centre of my front panel, and scored the remainder of the panel at every 1/4" (my score board is marked in inches, but if yours is metric, then 0.5cm is almost the same).  I then glued the cutout circle back in place, so in reality, I could simply have used the die to emboss the radial marks!

I stamped the two chosen images in brown ink and die cut them, also stamping the bare trees (the same image I used for my pattern last month) in pale blue ink and die cut them too.


My long sentiment needed to follow the circle, so I bent it into place on my acrylic block, before stamping in contrast red ink.


I arranged my die cuts, and glued the trees down with Mono Multi glue, but popped up both of the deer with foam dots.

I added some small red glitter dots to the tree tops, and this (almost) one layer card is finished.
I hope you can make some festive cards to send out to loved ones - a clean and simple card such as this one, makes for quick card making!


Thanks so much for visiting!







6 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card Ann. I love that the colours are so fresh and it's not "traditionally" Christmas.
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this Ann <3 still waiting for my gear to arrive and having withdrawals :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so gorgeous Ann, such a sweet design and colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful...I love how you've stamped the sentiment below the circle..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Ann - perfect for a "deer" friend this Xmas with the two sweet deers facing each other.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10