Sunday, October 2, 2016

CVS Make A Wish | Shine Bright

Hi there! 

I hope you had a wonderful International Cardmaking Day yesterday! I didn't get any cards made, but I did manage to create this layout using the new range from Cocoa Vanilla Studio - Make A Wish, available in the store.

Opening the collection kit I knew I would be able to create a tonne of girls layouts with these papers, but having this photo in mind to scrap, I challenged myself to make a masculine layout with the kit.

Here's the layout - I also incorporated some cut files ("XO" and "Shine Bright" title) from the Colour Me Happy range, also by Cocoa Vanilla Studio.


I cut both files with my Silhouette Cameo on white Neenah White cardstock, then I embossed the 'Shine Bright' title with gold embossing paper.  The XO was backed onto some of the beautiful CVS patterned paper then adhered onto the background.


Using scraps, stickers and other embellishments from this range I created a photo stack and adhered into place using 3D foam tape just over the lower 1/3 of the title.

Finally, time to open all those gorgeous little packets of embellishments! More stickers, vellum, sequins, bows and flairs! I'm in heaven.  I added a few here and there to finish off my layout.  I added some stamping in a few places on the layout and then rounded the layout off with some messy sewing around the edges of the page and across the title to keep it in place.


Hope you're inspired to create! Links to all the items I used on this layout and some recommendations are at the bottom of this post.

Happy crafting!


2 comments:

  1. You certainly made that collection work for this photo - really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10