Wednesday, October 12, 2016

BOO!


Hello everyone!  It's Ann here today with a watercoloured Halloween card!  Although we don't officially 'celebrate' Halloween here in Australia, and it's certainly not as big a deal as it is in the States, I am seeing an increase in the number of youngsters dressing up and knocking on doors - hopefully with their parents just nearby.  If this happens in your area, perhaps you'd like to wrap up some 'treats' ready for them, and add a little tag to make it special.  The tag could be used later as a book mark.  As I do like to send a Halloween card to my grand-daughters who spent a few years in the States, today I have a very, very simple card using the Tim Holtz Mini Cats and Dogs stamp set.  That cat sure looks a scaredy-cat to me:)




1.  Mask off the moon before applying colour.  I use a 1" circle punch as it is a good size for a card.

 2.  Make a watercolour panel using distress inks of your choice.   I used Chipped Sapphire, Wilted Violet, Shaded Lilac and Pumice Stone.  Let the colours mingle as you wish, but I like the effect of the ripples as the paint dries, so don't overly blend.  Let the panel dry, and add more paint if you feel it needs it.  I splashed some shimmer paint over it at this stage.

3.  Remove the moon mask, and colour the moon with a water colour marker - blend it out a little so that it doesn't have sharp edges.  When dry, I added some clouds over it.



4.  With the panel perfectly dry, stamp the cat with Versafine Onyx Black, and quickly heat emboss it with clear powder.  I like to black emboss this way, as it avoids little black specks over your work.  The fish bones also come with the stamp set, and I stamped them with the same black ink.

5.  To continue the theme, I added a die cut tree (Memory Box Twiggy Tree) and some flying bats (MB - Little Bats).

6.  To colour the cat, I used Zig Clean Colour Real Brush markers in Black and Grey just applied to the outline, and washed that in with an aqua painter.  The paint reacted to the background hence the purplish black, which I rather like.

7.  The sentiment was made with Thickers by American Crafts.

8.  At the finish, I decided to ground the tree and cat, and ran a wet line along the landscape I wanted, using the Zig markers - Light Violet and Grey.

9.  I trimmed my panel with a stitched rectangle die, and used a sticker border pattern to adhere to the right side of the card.

I can see this cat adorning some spooky tags later this month, or made into a book mark for your favourite reader.  You don't have to celebrate Halloween to have fun with some 'out there' images!

If you haven't already, do check out the images in this Tim Holtz stamp set - they are incredible and really get your creative juices flowing!

Thank you so much for visiting, and I hope you enjoy some crafty time this month!


Supplies available from Scrapbook Boutique:


1 comment:

01 09 10