Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Showcase: Love Always by Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Good morning!

Amanda here with you today, and I have a few gorgeous products from the store to showcase for you today.  The first is the latest collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio - Love Always, and the second is the colour paste new in store from Colour Blast - and I love these are both home grown businesses.

Here's the finished layout but I'll walk you through step-by-step how I created the layout.  I'll also have direct links at the end of the blog to the items I used.


First step, I cut some Love Always strips (first world problems - I couldn't decide which patterned paper to use), bent the edges slightly, and layered over each other and adhered to some white and pink 12x12 textured card stock.  The pink card stock was from my craft stash and was already cut on an angle, so I incorporated it into the layout.


I added a little washi tape, a bow (from Love Always) and a few stickers also from the collection to my strips of paper to add some little areas of interest.  I also added a few strips to the top left hand corner of my page plus a few stickers. These all come from the CVS Love Always collection pack.

Next, I moved up the page to where I knew my photo and embellishment areas were going.  I put all my pieces together (doily, CVS paper cut outs, flair, etc) but didn't stick them into place as there was just something missing.  I got out my Colourblast Colour Paste (Bling) and swiped it onto the card stock with an old gift card and Tim Holtz stencil. Leave to dry.

Note: the Colour Blast Paste goes on a beige matte colour, but dries in a brilliant gold - I'm in love!


Once the paste had dried I put foam on the back of my photo, then pieced all the embellishments together around the photo and adhered into place.



You can see for yourself how beautifully it all comes together with the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Love Always collection! This collection is so gorgeous, and I can't wait to share a few cards I've made with the collection and matching embellishments later in the month.

Happy crafting,


4 comments:

  1. I have this collection as well and just waiting for a little time to break it out, thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project Amanda! You showcase the products so well - and add your own style to make them special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful LO - I love all your layering!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10