Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Shine Bright

Good morning! 

Today I'm sharing a colourful autumn layout I created on the weekend. I didn't have any plan in my head, but I did want to brush off my Gelato's and do a bit of colouring in plus watercolouring - so therapeutic!


I'm using a sheet from the Colour Me Happy range (from Cocoa Vanilla Studio), and selected a few greens as my main colour, and a few autumn colours thrown in as well.  The photo I had in mind for this layout had Autumn colours in it and this is how I wanted to tie it in with this coloured patterned paper.

If you haven't used Gelato's before they are like water soluble crayons. I find wetting the paper first with a brush and then colouring with the gelatos onto the wet paper worked best for me.  For some of the leaves I waited for the leaves to dry then I went back in and added heavier colour to look like shadows.



Here's my photo! I cut the 12x12 paper down and adhered this to a sheet of 12x12 American Crafts card stock.  Then I added lots of mist splatters in greens, oranges, yellows.  I also added some word stamping randomly over the background.



Here you can see I have a bit of an idea where I am with the layout.  Time to embellish.

I went through my embellishment stash and picked out a few bits and pieces that I thought would work with the papers I was already using, or items I could alter to work with the layout.


Here's my finished layout.  I ended up adding some cut hearts from the Cut Shoppe and backing onto the Colour Me Happy patterned papers, some flairs also from the Colour Me Happy range, a little washi tape here and there ... I'll list all the goodies at the end of this post.





Thanks for stopping by!


Time To Shop!


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful Amanda! I have never really bonded totally with my Gelatos... maybe I need to play just a little bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO - I love the colouring

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10