Sunday, June 26, 2016

By the Coast

Hi everyone!  Ann here on a very cold wintry day beside Port Phillip Bay, with a card to bring you a little bit of summer!


I made my card using the Kaisercraft 6.5" x 6.5" paper pad called Coastal Escape, and cut my white card base 30cm x 15cm folded in half to form a top fold card.  I used one of the sheets from the pad to cover the entire card front.


My biggest challenge was to create the 'frame' and for this I cut 4 pieces of thick white cardstock 1" wide.  I placed these around the card, and mitred the corners - I needed to use washi tape to hold the pieces in place, and I know my result is not perfect, but I'm calling it 'rustic' lol!

I then covered the white strips with another sheet of paper, trimmed to fit, and then sponged the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.  I glued these pieces in place with Mono Multi glue, being careful not to press them down until I had the best placement possible - the little bit of wiggle room was very much needed!


For the sentiment, I used one of the pop-out pieces again from the pad, mounting it on thick card, and adhering it to the bottom of the frame.  I arranged my coloured and die cut shells around the sentiment.  I admit to having to google shells, to choose my colours - I'm not very observant of these things, considering I spend a lot of time at the beach in summer!


I was almost finished but I thought I would like to add another piece to give more texture, and used a die cut from the Sizzix thinlets set of 3, one of the Tim Holtz Alterations dies.  I sponged over the cut piece with distress inks - Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers to complement the netting from the paper pad.

Thank you so much for visiting today and happy crafting!

Products used from Scrapbook Boutique:


4 comments:

  1. What a great card. Lovely frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely card Ann <3 love that frame so cleverly done

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous. Great work.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10