Monday, April 4, 2016

Tag building

Hi there - Linda here today with another team of tags created with MFT's Tag Builder Blueprints 5.
This time I had some water colouring fun and then set them off with bold black outlines.

The water colouring first...
I played with my Distress Inks using the wet on wet technique, meaning I wet the watercolour cardstock with clean water first and then with a wet brush and my inks smooshed onto acrylic blocks I picked up the colour and applied it randomly over the wet cardstock.

Here are pics of each panel as it was finished and the Distress Inks I used -


Once the watercoloured panels were dry I die cut my tag pieces and as mentioned above I chose black card to offset the pretty watercoloured effect...


I dug through my stamps for a variety of sentiments that would fit on the cute little MFT banner and these were then stamped with Versa Mark and white heat embossed.



These sweet little tags will add great character to your gift giving or you could package them up in a clear cello bag tied with ribbon and give them as a gift themselves.

Happy Monday one and all - have a great one and thanks for visiting the Scrapbook Boutique blog.


4 comments:

  1. You have a tag for every occasion already made here, Linda, with these bright and cheery coloured tags! Thanks so much for sharing your process - and list of colours:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great technique. Beautiful colourful tags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea and love the colour against the black. :)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10