Saturday, March 12, 2016

I Wish

Good morning everyone!  It's Ann here with a cute little card using MFT stamp set 'Happy Pandas'.


I stamped the panda on blending card with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured it a little with grey and pink Copic markers.  I also stamped the bamboo stem and cut both it and the panda out.

On a piece of watercolour paper, 'smooshed 'with colour, I stamped the bamboo stem again, with Versafine Onyx Black and coloured it with markers.

To frame this simple little image, I used Avery Elle's frame die 'Burst', which leaves a central circle as the frame, with interesting rays emanating out from it - a great die to use to highlight a simple image. Of course, you could also use a circle die or punch.   I sponged the outside of the frame with the same colours as I used in the watercolour background - Broken China and Shabby Shutters Distress Inks.


Mount the watercolour panel behind the frame, add an extra little piece of the cut bamboo stem at the left of the panda, and pop the panda up with foam squares.  Pop the entire frame up with fun foam onto the front of a square card base, 4.25" x 4.25".

I stamped the sentiment twice on spare card, and sliced the first line off with my paper trimmer, and  adhered it tucked into the left edge of the circle.  The last two lines were trimmed also, and adhered at the bottom right of the frame.

Add a few enamel dots in complementary colours and this really simple card is done!

Thanks so much for visiting and happy crafting!




Copic colours used for panda:  C1, C2, Black, R000,

Supplies available at Scrapbook Boutique:

2 comments:

01 09 10