Friday, February 12, 2016

For you on Valentine's Day

Just a day or two away from Valentine's Day, and although we don't make quite as big a deal of it as they do in some countries (we don't do 'mushy' so much in Australia do we?) many of us do like to recognise loved ones on this special day.

So not being too mushy, here is my card:


I hope you're not getting too sick of the Crazy Birds, because I'm not - and won't be for some time!  

For this card, I used my favourite bird, because he has such a pensive look on his face, but I also added some hearts and flowers from another Tim Holtz stamp set, Crazy Things. 

  • The main images were stamped on blending card with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured with Copics.
  • The hearts were stamped on scrap card, coloured and cut out, then adhered to the card front and coated with Glossy Accents.
  • I'm a bit addicted to the stitched edges we see so much, so after covering the bottom 3 cm of my card front with pattern paper by Kaisercraft (XO), I ran my shortened white card front through the Big Shot to 'stitch' just the bottom edge.
  • The Crazy Bird stamp set does not have any sentiments with it, and it is a lot of fun to create or find a suitable sentiment for each bird.  This one is pretty conventional, but I don't think he is too convinced of his intentions  - what do you think of him?  You may like to pop over to my blog to see another card I made - similar layout  but with a different sentiment - I Think I love you!
Thanks so much for coming by today - and happy crafting!




Supplies available at Scrapbook Boutique:



4 comments:

  1. Certainly not mushy in our house! Although Mr M (18) has requested a card for his girlfriend! Maybe he can get some stamps and ink out.

    Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards, these crazy birds are great aren't they, it will take quite some time before it will be over!!! Hope you have a happy Valentine's Day. From a fellow Aussie, Jasann

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that! And I could never get sick of crazy birds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you've used the crazy birds set for a slightly lovey dovey lol card Ann :)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10