Friday, January 22, 2016

Watercolour Wonders Playtime


Hi it's Linda here :) 
This month I've had the absolute pleasure of playing with Altenew's Watercolour Wonders Stamp Set. This is really one of those sets that you want to experiment with - to try out different inks, cardstocks and techniques. So that's what I did and I had a blast.
I have 3 samples to share and I've turned my favourite into a card.

First of all I grabbed Tim Holtz Watercolour Cardstock and sprayed it with water before stamping the flower layers with Distress Inks in a range of blue hues...

Next I thought I'd see what these flowers look like with pigment inks. I used my Versa Colour Cubes in pinks ...
You see you can get a watercoloured look without watercolouring and that's the beauty of these stamps.
But I LOVE to watercolour so for my third experiment I grabbed watercolour card again, my Aqua Brush and a host of Distress Inks in pink/orange hues and as I stamped each layer of the flower this time I spread the ink with my brush to blend it out more.

This gave me my favourite end result and here's my card...

You simply follow the coloured guide on the back of the stamp pack to know which stamps layer together - you can't go wrong, trust me lol.

A splatter of gold Heidi Swapp Colour 
Shine and a section of gold foil cardstock inlaid behind the cut section and my card is finished.



5 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous, I love Altenew <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tutorial & card Linda.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These stamps look exciting - your 'testing' is fab - thanks for sharing your processes. Your finished card is beautiful Linda!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10