Saturday, January 23, 2016

Happy Birthday

Hi there, Angela here with a different spin on a birthday card.  I set myself a goal to use something in my stash that is over 5 years old.  My Nestabilities circle dies are probably the oldest thing I own.  In think they are an absolute staple for a card maker!  I think it's fun to do different shaped cards rather than the normal rectangular or square.  I have used my Lawn Quinn's Alpha Die and they work perfectly with the outline stamp ( another fav) and they are small enough for cards and scrapbooking too! 




* Die cut 2 scalloped circles and score 1.5 cm across the top of one.
*with double sided tape adhere the two together, just above the score line.
* Die cut a black circle and the letters HAPPY from black cardstock
*Die cut a smaller circle with the yellow cardstock
*Adhere the letters across the centre of yellow cardstock.
** Tip** before die cutting letters, cover back of cardstock with wide double sided tape, this makes adhering smaller pieces really easy!!
*stamp cocktail drink on top of the letter "A"
*colour with copics and finish off with Wink of Stella
*Adhere together off side and adhere to base card with foam dots.
** Tip** trim the bottom off the back of the card so it is secure and won't interfere with the front of the card.



2 comments:

  1. Super cute little card Angela - a good reminder to look back at what we now take for granted amongst our stash! Love the addition of the cocktail drink - perfect embellishment:)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10