Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Happy Birthday back with Altenew


It's Ann back again with my third card using Altenew's Peony Scrolls.  This time the card is even simpler, but with the flower cut out and layered.  I hope you like it!



Steps to make this card:

Stamp two flowers on blending card, and colour in the same way for each.  Also stamp and colour leaves.  Trim these images out, but on the second flower, just keep the centre petals.

Cut a panel of white cardstock 8.5cm wide and 14.5cm long.  To create a focal point/background, mask a circle on the card front (about 6cm diameter) and stamp a background stamp in the circle.  I used Hardwood, by Stampin' Up! because I didn't have another all over background stamp I thought would suit.  I'll be looking for another one to add to my supplies soon!

Choose a coordinating strip of pattern paper, trim to 1.5cm wide and adhere to the left side of your card base.  I chose the pink paper with an outline flower image from the Echo Park 6x6" paper pad, I love Sunshine.  Adhere the white panel to cover the rest of the card.

Arrange your flower and leaves, and adhere to the edge of the circle, using tombow mono multi glue and also foam squares for dimension.  Use dimension in adhering the top petals of the flower.

Stamp the sentiment of your choice.  I used Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler for mine, as I love the casual font and stamped it with Versafine Onyx Black for a crisp result.

Well, now you have seen my 3 cards all using Altenew's Peony Scrolls.  I hope I have done justice to this beautiful stamp set, and you love it as much as I do!

Thanks so much for visiting, and happy crafting through 2016!


Copics used:  RV02, R32, RV14, YG91, G21, BG93, YG23

Supplies available at Scrapbook Boutique:


5 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous. Love the soft colours and this flower image is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Ann! What a gorgeous flower and I love the masked timber background element...looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card. Clever design which sets off the beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10