Good morning. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are getting ready for the New Year. It is with much sadness that I am sharing with you my last project for Scrapbook Boutique. I would like to thank Evelyn and all the team for making my time on the Design Team so enjoyable. However, recent events have meant my mojo has taken a bit of a dive and I feel I need a break from Design Teams to try and regain it.
Here is my second layout using Kaisercraft Sail Away. Being a keen photographer, I took the opportunity to go and take photos of the Queen Mary 2 when she docked in Melbourne earlier this year. She really is a massive ship and perhaps one day I will get to sail on her.
For this layout:
- I used a sheet of Kaisercraft Sail Away Ship for the background.
- I cut a 7cm strip of Kaisercraft Sail Away Compass and cut a 6cm strip from the bottom.
- I cut a piece of Kaisercraft Sail Away Anchor 21cm x 16cm, which was used to mat my 7in x 5in photo.
- Before I stuck down my pieces of patterned paper I noted where I wanted to put them and then stencilled a few anchors using texture paste in three areas around the page.
- I inked all edges of the patterned paper using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Chipped Sapphire.
- Then I placed the long piece of Compass 1cm from the top of the page and about 2cm from the right hand side.
- The piece of Anchor was placed 6.5cm from the top of the page and 5.5 cm from the right hand edge so that it overlapped the piece of Compass.
- Using the left over piece of Compass, I printed some journalling onto the reverse plain side.
- Finally, I embellished the layout using stickers and pieces of the Collectables and also some images I had created using the Stamp and Die Set, which comes with this collection.
Well, all that remains is for me to say Goodbye and hope I have given you some inspiration over the past year.
SBB Products used: