Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Let's float away by Judith Armstrong

Good morning. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are getting ready for the New Year. It is with much sadness that I am sharing with you my last project for Scrapbook Boutique. I would like to thank Evelyn and all the team for making my time on the Design Team so enjoyable. However, recent events have meant my mojo has taken a bit of a dive and I feel I need a break from Design Teams to try and regain it.

Here is my second layout using Kaisercraft Sail Away. Being a keen photographer, I took the opportunity to go and take photos of the Queen Mary 2 when she docked in Melbourne earlier this year. She really is a massive ship and perhaps one day I will get to sail on her. 



For this layout:
  1. I used a sheet of Kaisercraft Sail Away Ship for the background.
  2. I cut a 7cm strip of Kaisercraft Sail Away Compass and cut a 6cm strip from the bottom.
  3. I cut a piece of Kaisercraft Sail Away Anchor 21cm x 16cm, which was used to mat my 7in x 5in photo.
  4. Before I stuck down my pieces of patterned paper I noted where I wanted to put them and then stencilled a few anchors using texture paste in three areas around the page.
  5. I inked all edges of the patterned paper using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Chipped Sapphire.
  6. Then I placed the long piece of Compass 1cm from the top of the page and about 2cm from the right hand side.
  7. The piece of Anchor was placed 6.5cm from the top of the page and 5.5 cm from the right hand edge so that it overlapped the piece of Compass. 
  8. Using the left over piece of Compass, I printed some journalling onto the reverse plain side.
  9. Finally, I embellished the layout using stickers and pieces of the Collectables and also some images I had created using the Stamp and Die Set, which comes with this collection.
Here are some close ups:




Well, all that remains is for me to say Goodbye and hope I have given you some inspiration over the past year.



SBB Products used: 




5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout Judith, the ship looks amazing. Best wishes and thank you for your inspiration over the years, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The perfect pic for this collection Judith. Been lovely working with you on the DT and wish you all the best for 2016. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be greatly missed Judith, your cards and layouts are always so inpsiring! Good luck in your next adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful LO - I have enjoyed seeing your projects on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another super layout Judith! You have certainly inspired me with your scrapbook pages - every one of them! I too will miss your contributions and your photography, but totally understand how sometimes we need to take time out for ourselves and our families. Wishing you the very best for 2016 and your future endeavours:)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10