Saturday, December 26, 2015

Celebrate 2016

It's Ann here today, hoping everyone enjoyed a wonderful Christmas yesterday!  I certainly did, and am now looking forward to 2016, praying for a happy, healthy and peaceful year ahead for us all.

My card today looks forward to the New Year with optimism.



The steps involved in making this card are:

1.  Stamp two birds from the Tim Holtz Crazy Birds stamp set, onto Copic friendly blending paper large enough for an A2 size card, and colour the birds with Copics.

2.  Trim the card using a stitched rectangle die to desired size.  I often find the size I need is not exactly what I have in my dies, so I use one with either the width or length correct, and then adjust the remaining measurement.  If you have never tried this, I encourage you to give it a try, as you will be surprised how easy it is to achieve.  Here is a link to Kristina Werner's youtube channel explanation of this technique, if you would like to check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3suRwcya30

I also stamped a group of stars (by Stampin' Up!) stamped in a gold ink (this was Colorbox Yellow Citrus).


3.  Cover a regular card base with pattern paper - this one is from the Kaisercraft 6" x6" paper pad called A Touch of Gold, then adhere your bird panel using Tombow mono multi glue.

4.  From the same paper pad, I chose a gold paper to die cut my numerals, adhering the paper to adhesive fun foam, to add dimension, before cutting out.  Also, from that paper pad, I found the word 'celebrate' and cut it out using my paper trimmer.

5.  To finish, adhere the gold sentiment and numerals to the card front.

Thanks so much for visiting today, and wishing you all a very very Happy New Year!


Copics used:  
Bird on right -  YR 23, Y35, Y38, YR07, 
Bird on left - E50, E 51, E53, E31, E33, E37

Supplies available from Scrapbook Boutique:





3 comments:

  1. So fab Ann, loving the added gold it's perfect for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love the colours you've used, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love this ... what a great way to use that set!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10