Thursday, November 26, 2015

Sunny Smiles

Hi there - I hope you are enjoying your day.  It's Ann here and I'm hoping I can bring you some more sunny smiles with my tropical paradise card!



This is how I created my card:

1.  On some x-press it blending card, stamp the bird, lizard and the small cluster of frangipanis.  I also stamped the flowers onto some post-it notes to create a mask, so that I could build a larger flower group.  Colour your images with markers - I used my favourite Copic colours, and then fussy cut them out.

2.  To create some interest in the window behind my collage, I used a Heidi Swapp chevron stencil, first spongeing it with Broken China distress ink, and then moving the stencil slightly downward, filling the new spaces with texture paste coloured with my new Art Ingredients Mica Powder in Frozen Lake - a very similar colour to Broken China.  When the stencil was removed, it gave a shadow effect, which was enhanced by the slight sheen of the mica.


3.  Die cut a circular frame by cutting two adjacent circles from any nestling dies.  Of course, the frame could be square of rectangular, or any shape you choose.  I mounted mine on some fun foam, cut slightly smaller than the larger circle.  Also cut the larger circle from white card stock to create the feature panel on a coloured card base.  Mine measures 9.6cm x 14.7cm.  The diameter of the circle is 8.7cm.

4.   Assemble the card - adhere the stencilled piece behind the frame, then adhere this to the card front.  I use Tombow mono multi glue for ease of placement.  I also used this glue to attach the flower cluster, the lizard, and finally the bird.  Where these overlap the stencilled panel, I popped them up with foam squares.  The whole white panel is then adhered to the front of a coloured card base.

5.  Finally, stamp the sentiment from the stamp set in Versafine Onyx Black and heat emboss it with clear powder. I love the sharp, crisp result this gives.  Stamp an extra small frangipani, colour and cut it out and adhere near the sentiment with a glue dot.  The beak, eyes and back bumps of the animals were coated with glossy accents to give them some shine too!



Supplies available from Scrapbook Boutique:


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card I love MFT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely some sunny smiles here with your fun bright design Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Ann. Beautiful colouring and definately bright and sunny smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love the design and your colours are really fun too!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10