Tuesday, November 17, 2015

A magical time by Judith Armstrong

Good morning, Judith here.
 This month I have been playing with the Kaisercraft Fairy Dust Collection. I decided this time round to use the 6.5 inch  x 6.5 inch paper pad rather than the collection pack to see what I could do. 
I didn't have any fairy pictures of my daughter in the right colours so decided to go with something different - flowers. With have masses of irises in the garden and they put on a great display in October/November so they were the flowers upper most in my mind.

Here is my finished layout made from some white cardstock and only 3 pieces of paper from the paper pad. 


Before I stick any paper down I always like to work out what paper I'm using and where it is going to go. 
For this layout I used: 
1 whole sheet (teal ombre sheet)
1 sheet of purple dots cut up into 6 pieces (2 x 12 cm by half a sheet, 2 x 8cm by 2cm, 2 x 4.5cm by 2cm)
1 sheet of floral paper cut into 4 pieces (2 x 13cm by 5cm and 2 x 8.5 x 3.5cm)
I actually assembled the page by sticking all the pieces of paper together using double sided tape before attaching to the white cardstock. This was because I wasn't sure what I was going to do on the cardstock if anything. I started by sticking the small purple dot pieces to the back of the floral pieces. Then I stuck the bottom and top floral pieces to the back of the teal ombre sheet. Then I stuck the larger purple dot pieces on top of the teal ombre sheet and finally stuck the side floral pieces to the backs of the side purple dot pieces. Use the photo as a guide. I was also able to add my photos and embellishments from the Collectible diecuts too!

 Here is a photo of the page with just a plain white background. You could leave it like this but I always like to add a little extra!


So I used a script stamp and stamped onto the cardstock randomly around the edges of where my patterned paper finished. One of advantage of sticking all the patterned paper together was that I was able to place it on the cardstock so that I could work out where I wanted to stamp, pick it up, stamp, put it down and work out where I needed to stamp next, very easily.
Once I had finished stamping I then adhered the mass of patterned paper down onto the cardstock.

To finish here is a close up showing the stamping and one of the butterflies.


Hope this has inspired you to maybe use the smaller paper pads for your scrapping.
Regards


SBB Products used:




5 comments:

01 09 10