Hi there! Its Linda here today having a ball with the
oh-so-cute Sweet Smiles Stamp Set from Lawn Fawn.
The little facial expression stamps in this set Had Me At Hello I tell you :)
So much fun to be had making this card...here's what I used...
Do you see extra gumballs in my machine? Well that's because I made it into a shaker card-how could I resist:)
1. Fold a white card base and set aside.
2. Stamp the Gumball Machine onto water colour card with Versafine Onyx Black Ink and using a craft knife carefully cut away the gumball section. Run a waterproof black pen around the raw cut edge on the machine to hide the white cut edge.
3. Cut two centimeters off the bottom of the wc card and trim the sides to fit on the white card front.
4. Stick the gumball section onto the white card base where it will coordinate with the rest of the machine when stuck on top and colour the gumballs with Zig Markers - leave little white spots on each gumball to achieve a more dimensional, realistic look. ..this is sooooo easy with Zigs - love it!
5. Colour the machine itself and create a shadowy base for the image.
6. Adhere acetate or a piece of clear plastic from stamp packaging to the back of the gumball machine "window".
7. Colour and cut out a number of extra gumballs and stamp random balls with the different faces.
8. Cut a 2cm strip of striped paper from Echo Park's I Love Sunshine paper pad and adhere to the base of the white card front.
9. Add a number of extra gumballs to the gumball centre on the white card front and
add white fun foam or dimensional tape to the back of the water colour card and adhere on top of the shaker piece.
10. Stick a 5mm strip of the same patterned paper to the top of the card and stamp the sentiment along the bottom using Onyx Black Ink.
11. Adhere a number of extra gumballs around the base of the machine and have some fun shaking those sweet gumballs around and admiring your cute card :)
I hope you have a wonderful crafty week :)