Sunday, October 4, 2015

A pop of colour!



Hi there - Linda here today having some more fun with 
For this card I played around with one layer only of inking/stamping, with the sentiment strip then added over the top.
Here's the final card and then a few step-by-step photos of the process...


I die cut a number of crayon shapes from Inkadinkado Stamping Mask paper and stuck them all over my white card base...


I then grabbed my little ink cube and smooshed it all over the card base ...


until it was completely covered. I then peeled away the masks and voila, stark white crayon shapes ready for stamping into :)

Then it was just a matter of stamping the crayons (with Memento Tuxedo Black) and colouring them with Copics.

I stamped out the sentiment in parts, masking off the words/letters I didn't want with painter's tape each time - a little time consuming but that way I got it how and where I wanted it :) That's how I adjusted the spelling of Colour also :) - the "U" was drawn with a Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Marker in Violet.

A few sequins in between the crayons and my card is finished :)

It should bring a bit of happy to someone's day I think :)
Bye for now...


4 comments:

  1. This is so effective Linda! Thanks for showing how versatile the masking paper is - to stamp after smoothing is an awesome idea! Such a fun card:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is brilliant Linda! You always show such wonderful ways to get the most out of your stamps and dies. I'm going to try this today on a stamp/die set I just got. Such wonderful inspiration - thanks so much!
    D.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Linda. I love the way you've used the masking paper and then stamped and coloured the crayons.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10