Thursday, September 17, 2015

This special moment by Judith Armstrong

Good morning, this month I have been playing with Kaisercraft Time Machine. This was a great range to work with.

  1. I began be creating my background. I used Kaisercraft Time Machine Ironclad as my base.  I sprayed some Dylusions ink spray in vibrant turquoise along the top and bottom of where my photo was going to go. I let some of it drip down the page and used a paint brush to spread it out. I then flicked some black Dylusions ink spray over the top of it.
  2. Using the Bo Bunny clock stencil I stenciled using some Viva Decor stamp paint on the right side and bottom of the page and to the left of where my photo was going to go. 
  3. I stamped using the Darkroom Door French text stamp and some black ink in random places around the page.
  4. I matted my photo in Kaisercraft Time Machine Cloggler and then Mechanism and placed on the page but didn't stick it down yet.
  5. Along the right hand side of the photo I added some pieces from the sticker page, a tag from the collectables and pieces from the bottom of the paper which you normally cut off but have designs on them. I also placed a few on the bottom left hand side of the photo.
  6. Then I stuck my photo down.
  7. I used a couple of the cog embellishments from the Collectibles for my journalling and to place my title on. I then added them to the top and bottom right hand side of the photo using foam tape. I tucked some chipboard in under them.
  8. I added a few sentiments again raising them up with foam tape. I added a bit more chipboard and some pieces of muslin I had in my stash.
  9. Using a spatula I spread some gel medium on my page and sprinkled some beads into it.
  10. Finally, I added some dots of liquid pearls in pewter around the edges of sections of my layout and in peacock amongst the beads.
And here are some close ups:




Hope this has inspired you.

Judithxx






4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a tonne of fun on that background Judith. The colours are so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project created with beautiful elements - the paper is awesome, and your extra details complement perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page - I love how you made the background so personal with all your added details

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving your choice of colours for this layout Judith! Also your layering of all the different elements is fantastic - I wish I could do it so well! Thanks so much for sharing and providing inspiration!
    Deb.xx

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10