Saturday, September 12, 2015

Best Fishes

Hi, it's Ann here today, to share a bright and cheerful card featuring Lawn Fawn's 'Fintastic Friends'.


 and another close up - showing the bubbles!


As you'll see below, there are lots of images in this set, but I chose to feature the little fish - as I felt like colouring!  Then I had to cut them all out - a bit fiddly, but not too bad!

I wanted to create the sea, with 5 tones of blue and green cardstock from my stash, which I then cut out with a Lawn Cuts die - Ocean Wave Borders, which has 3 sizes of waves.  I loved the effect this gave, and as a bonus, I now have 5 different scallop borders too, from the negatives.

I simply adhered the layers of waves, starting with the top one, to my A2 card front and then stamped the sentiment from the set in Versafine Onyx Black (a favourite for giving a crisp stamp).

Arrange the fish, and adhere them all (except for the centre one) with wet glue of choice, and pop up the centre fish with foam dots.  There is a small circle in the stamp set, which I took to be a bubble, so I stamped that randomly, and filled it in with Glossy Accents, to create a bubble effect.  Now I see there is in fact a more realistic bubble in the set, and will use that one next time!

That's all there is to this card, so why don't you give it a go?  The other sentiments would lend themselves to an encouraging card for an aspiring swimmer, a 'tank' you card, or just a happy card for a friend.

Thanks so much for visiting, and Happy Crafting!



3 comments:

  1. Such great fish. Lovely bright colouring and fussy cutting. Look forward to seeing what you do with the "negatives".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann what a sweet little ocean of fishies - love the scalloped waves and the glossy little bubbles.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10