Monday, August 17, 2015

You make my heart happy by Judith Armstrong

Good morning everyone, Judith here. This month I have been working with Kaisercraft Botanica. In this layout I used a photo of my daughter at our annual photo shoot taken in Daylesford Botanical Gardens.


And a couple of close ups



  1. There are a couple of really nice papers which work really well as background papers and you don't really have to do anything to them. For this layout I used Botanica - Seed, which has some plants printed on the side and the text all over the background.
  2. I matted my photo with a piece of  Botanica - Roots which has a delicate lilac colour (difficult to see in the photo) size 13 cm x 16 cm and then matted this onto a piece of Botanica - Leaf  17cm x 21 cm. I distressed the edges of these two pieces of paper and inked the edges with Distress Ink.
  3. I couldn't resist adding a little to the background, but it would have worked just as well without this step. I marked where I wanted my paper to go and then added some texture paste using the Tim Holtz Dot Fade layering stencil (one of my favourites at the moment). To make it show up a bit more I added some water to a chocolate gelato and coloured over the texture paste.
  4. I stuck my papers and photo down.
  5. Next I set about embellishing, layering some of the flowers and leaves from the Collectables, some of which I raised with foam tape. Then I slipped in some pieces of chipboard around the page. Finally, I added some sentiments and title, again using foam tape to raise them up a bit.

Hope you have found this inspiring.






SBB Products used:


4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful layout Judith, you have really made this photo shine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty feel to this layout - to emphasise your lovely photo! Those papers are gorgeous and I love all the extra touches you 'had' to add - well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the extra finishing touches Judith.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10