Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Camouflaged Die Cutting


Hi there - Linda here today to share one of my favourite looks on cards at the moment - camouflaged die cuts. I knew MFT's Modern Blooms would be a great set to cover a card base and then repetitively die cut a special word before piecing it all back together again.

Here's my card...


First of all I selected a range of inks for my flowers and leaves and then stamped to my hearts content. I splattered on a coordinating mist to add interest. I then die cut the word 'Hugs' in three places on my card front and carefully adhered firstly all the little insert pieces from the 'h', 'g' and 's'. I then die cut 'hugs' again from yellow, blue and green cardstock scraps taking the colours from my stamping and then stuck all these die cut words together with the stamped die cut word adhered to the top.


My card was finished with a few white heat embossed words on black cardstock which nicely rounded out my sentiment.
Enjoy a wonderful week!






3 comments:

  1. So clever - and I really like the colours you used too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Linda!! I don't think I've ever seen a card made with more than one camouflaged die cut and it's fabulous, as is your design and the colors you used! I still haven't done this technique myself, but I adore how it looks, so this one is getting pinned!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10