Friday, June 12, 2015

Make a Wish by Ann

Hi, it's Ann here bringing you another card made with the Mama Elephant stamp set:  Freestyle Florals.


I'm loving using this stamp set, as the flowers are all so different - I've only used two of them so far, and there are another quite different two yet to come - watch this space!  I 'practised' this card before deciding exactly how I was going to present it to you, and you can see this trial effort on my blog.

To make this card:

1.  Use a white A2 card as your base, or create your own by folding white cardstock 21 x 14.8cm in half.  To create the chevron panel, cut brown cardstock about 11 x 11 cm, adhere the chevron stencil by Heidi Swapp over it, and stamp Versamark ink firmly over the entire panel through the stencil.  Carefully remove the stencil, and trying not to touch the sticky Versamark ink, sprinkle clear embossing powder over it entirely, shake off excess then heat emboss - it's magic to see how sparkly that plain brown cardstock becomes!  Leave this aside to cool.

2.  Stamp your flower of choice plus a few leaves from the same set (link below), with Versamark and sprinkle with gold or platinum embossing powder.  Heat set these images, and when cool, cut out with the matching dies, or fussy cut if you don't have dies.

3.  Create a strip of matching card, by swiping a narrow strip of white cardstock with Versamark and cover with the same embossing powder as used on the images.  Heat set this and trim to fit your card front.

4.  Adhere the chevron panel to your card, about 4cm from the top and trim off the excess.  Add your gold strip to the top of the panel.

5.  I wanted to create a little more dimension to my images, so lightly coloured my flower using Blush and Peach Copic markers and the leaves with New Leaf and Moss.  You could leave these uncoloured for a very different look.  

6.  Decide where you want your images to be, but before adhering them, stamp a sentiment (I used one from the Avery Elle set:  Storybook).

7.  Adhere your flower with foam dots, and your leaves with smaller foam dots, to create depth.  

8. With some leftover pieces of gold strip, I punched out tiny circles, which I adhered to the white space around the sentiment.  I like to coordinate as much as possible lol!

I hope you take some inspiration from my card today and give this beautiful stamp set a try. On my blog you will see I even used some smaller images to create a hand-stamped pattern paper.

Thank you so much for visiting today - and happy crafting!








3 comments:

01 09 10