Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Here comes trouble by Judith Armstrong

Morning everyone. Today I am here to share with you another layout featuring Scrap Yard by Kaisercraft. This time I concentrated on the blue/grey/black colours in the collection.

Here is the layout I created:


And a couple of close ups:



And here is how I created the layout.
  1. I used a sheet of Kaisercraft Scrap Yard Warehouse for the base. 
  2. I cut a piece of Kaisercraft Scrap Yard Cut and Paste 29cm x 9cm and a piece of Kaisercraft Scrap Yard Copper cut to mat my photo and inked them with Black Soot Distress Ink.
  3. I placed these 2 pieces on the base with the Cut and Paste piece horizontally in the middle and the photo mat in the middle of that. Then I lightly marked where they were going to go on the base. I then removed them and set about creating my background
  4. Background: Used Tim Holtz Typo stencil and Viva Decor stamp paint I stencilled in 4 places around the layout - 2 to the left of the photo and 2 to the right. I then embossed with white some of the stamps from the Prima  coffee stain collection randomly around the page.
  5. Then I stuck my 2 pieces of patterned paper and photo down but leaving gaps in the tape so that I could tuck embellishments under them. I used a chevron sticker from the sticker sheet and cut in half and tucked the ends under the photo mat.
  6. Then I embellished the page using lots of Kaisercraft Collectables, layering them around the page. I journalled on some of them. I also used a piece of Dusty Attic chicken wire chipboard which I left bare and cut into pieces and tucked in around my page.
  7. For my title I used one of the stickers and placed a Dusty Attic raw chipboard string circle over the top to emphasis it.
Hope that's inspired you to get a bit grungy.



SBB Products used:



3 comments:

  1. Another great layout Judith! I love your attention to detail - it makes for a very interesting page, and highlights your photo we well. Those Dusty Attic embellishments work so well for masculine themes:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Judith!! Love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO. I love how you built up the background

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10