Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Thanks with Mama Elephant

It's Ann here with another card using Mama Elephants stamp set:  Water Blooms.  The flowers in this set are so pretty, and lend themselves to so many uses, so this time I chose to stamp separate floral elements, to fill the bottom of my card.

Directions for this card:

1.  Create an A2 card from white card stock, 29.6cm x 10.5cm, folded in half.

2.  On a piece of Kraft card, big enough to cover the card front, stamp a few selected flowers - first in white pigment ink and allow to dry thoroughly (I used a heat gun to speed up the process) and then stamp over with coloured ink.  I used a mixture of pigment and die ink - it didn't seem to make any difference which type I used.  This technique gives a shadow effect, which I thought made for a little extra interest on the Kraft card as straight stamping often leaves a 'flat' effect.

3.  Once the flowers are stamped, fill in the spaces with leaves and berry clusters, once again stamping in white first, then drying, then in a coloured ink.  At times I rocked the stamp over a darker shade of ink after first inking with a lighter ink, to create a little more texture.

4.  When you are satisfied that you have enough images stamped, trim your Kraft piece to the size you want to put on to your card front.  I used the stitched rectangle die from Mama Elephant's die set:  Basic Set, which is 9cm x 12cm, but you can trim using a trimmer and either stitch with a sewing machine or create faux stitches with a pen.

5.  To make this panel pop up on the card front, I adhered it to a piece of craft foam (2mm thick) cut slightly smaller.  This is then adhered to the card front using Tombow mono multi glue.

6.  I die cut the Mama Elephant script die 'thanks' 4-5 times, glueing them together carefully, to create a much thicker and sturdier die cut.  Adhere this to the card front on an angle to match your image.

7. Finally, I added a few sequins above the thanks, to provide the necessary 'bling', but this is, of course, optional.

I hope you'll give this shadow stamping technique a try - it works particularly well on Kraft card, but these images would look just stunning stamped in a variety of colours on plain white card stock.

Thanks for taking a look at this tutorial today - happy stamping!



3 comments:

01 09 10