Thursday, April 30, 2015

William Holland by Judith Armstrong

Welcome to my second layout featuring the Bo Bunny Heritage Collection. This time I combined the Heritage Collection Pack with the Bo Bunny Heritage Ephemera Pack. This little pack includes heaps of items - 9 pieces of 6 in x 9 in patterned paper (not Heritage but from other Bo Bunny collections that coordinate with Heritage). There are also 9 6 in x 3 in pieces of patterned paper that would make great tags. Besides these I got some buttons, a sheet of rub ons, some ribbon, flowers, pearls and jewels, a kraft envelope, piece of dictionary paper, some stickers, some metal embellishments, a couple of playing cards and some printed designs on kraft paper. Each ephemera set is slightly different but great value for money.

Anyway back to my layout. Given the amount of clock faces in this collection, I decided to do a layout about my Great Great Grandfather William Holland, who was a high class watch maker in England.


1. I began by using a piece of Bo Bunny Heritage Census paper with the clock faces on it. I then stencilled the clock face from the Bo Bunny Stickable Love Stencils using Bo Bunny Glitter Paste in Wasabi into the top right hand corner and the bottom left hand corner.
2. Next I inked around the edges of my photo with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap. (Note: Do not use original photos. Scan them in or take a photo of them). I then placed this on a distressed and inked piece of paper cut to 12.5 cm x 18cm, taken from the ephemera pack.
3.I cut out 2 clock faces and 2 pocket watches from the Bo Bunny Heritage Family Record paper. I  placed the large clock face in the middle of the top stencilled clock face.
4. I then placed a whole piece of 6 in x 9 in paper from the ephemera pack, which had again been distressed and inked with frayed burlap so that it overlapped the 2 stencilled clock faces.
5. I cut a piece of patterned paper of Bo Bunny Heritage 4 cm x 23 cm, distressed and inked it and placed it about 1cm up from the bottom of the 6 in x 9 in paper.
6. I then placed the mounted photo on top so that it half covered the bottom strip.
7. I tucked a couple of pieces of dark green paper from the ephemera pack under the top and bottom of the 6 in x 9 in patterned paper and tucked a copy of a receipt from William Holland's shop on the right side. You could use the dictionary paper in its place.
8. I then cut a frame out of the Bo Bunny Heritage Roots paper and placed this to the bottom right of my photo to use as a base for my title. I used some of the alphabet stickers from the sticker sheet in the Collection pack to create my title.
9. I then placed the other cut out watches and clock faces about the page, using foam tape to give them some height. I added a sticker sentiment and a metal embellishment from the ephemera pack.
10. Finally, I printed journalling onto another piece of paper from the ephemera pack and cut it into strips and added it below my photo.

Here are a few close ups:




I hope this has inspired you to get scrapping some of those old family photos.


SBB Products used: 





3 comments:

  1. Love this great layout . The papers are truly just what is needed for vintage style layouts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb! Love all the details you include in your layouts, without making them 'fussy'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic LO - and how cool that you know so much about your great-grandfather!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10