Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Iceland Poppy


Hi there - Linda here today playing with the gorgeous Iceland Poppy (large) 
from Poppy Stamps Dies.
Definitely a fun die to create with :)

For my card today I started with a water coloured ombre background using 
Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.

This involved coating the top of the Tim Holtz Water Colour Cardstock with undiluted ink 
and then gradually dragging it down the card with a wet brush.


I die cut the large poppy from white card and coloured it with a Prisma 
Coloured Pencil that matched the Worn Lipstick ink.

I splattered the ombre background with Heidi Swapp Gold 
Colour Shine and stamped the sentiment.


The poppy was adhered to the card with foam tape for a little dimension.


I hope I've inspired you to get crafty today.
Have a great week.



4 comments:

  1. Lovely effective technique. Gorgeous image. Thanks Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the simplicity of this card Linda! So fitting with all the poppies about too - gorgeous die cut :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is just so sweet. love the simplicity of elegance about it x

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10