Sunday, April 12, 2015

Heartfelt Creations wish Happy Mother's Day

Hi there - Ann here with a card made with the Heartfelt Creations stamp Botanical Rose Bouquet.  When we think of Mother's Day (not long away now!) we often think of flowers, and that's exactly what I thought of when I saw this beautiful stamp set.  My card today uses only one of the flowers in the set, but I have used the other one in the card I have on my blog today, so you might want to check that out too:)




This is how I made my card:
  1. Make a standard A2 card by folding white card stock 10.5 x 30cm in half, to form a portrait card.
  2. I stamped my flower and leaves (it is one stamp, so easy to get placement correct) onto a piece of vellum with versamark ink, and heat embossed with white embossing powder.
  3. I coloured the back of the image with Copic markers, using two shades of pink - Pure Pink and Rose Pink, and two shades of green - Moss and New Leaf.
  4. I fussy cut the flower - if I find a die to match, I would buy it, but it really wasn't time-consuming to cut out, and the vellum is very forgiving if you aren't entirely even with your cuts :)
  5. I then selected a Journal card from the Kaisercraft Captured Moments Sparkle set, to complement the colours of my flower, and mounted the coloured flower on the edge of this card.  I liked the contrast the striped border this card gave to the pinks, but there were many others in the pack that would suit.  I included the journal card to show that you don't just need these pretty cards for Scrapbooking - as I rarely (almost never) scrapbook, but they are so useful as backdrops to the focal image on a card.
  6. Finally, I layered my card with papers selected from the 6" x 6" paper pad by Echo Park - Sunny Days ahead.
  7. I added some pearls to the border hole feature in one of the papers. Although I used an old stamp set for my sentiment, it could easily be computer generated.

I urge you to take a look at this stamp set, as it is absolutely gorgeous -  I know I'll be using it again many times, as flowers say so much!

Thanks for checking in today - happy stamping!

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Ann. Love the embossing on the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Ann, love those vellum flowers and leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, the vellum flowers look amazing, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann this is such a beautiful card <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Ann. The vellum flower is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10