Saturday, April 4, 2015

A Card for my Daughter - Linda Langes


When I saw the sweet sentiments in Waffle Flower's Feather More Stamp Set
I couldn't wait to make a card for my darling daughter:)

I used the Camouflaging Die Cuts technique that has been inspiring me 
all over blogland of recent weeks to create my card...


1. Cut water colour card panel to fit front of white card base and add water to the area 
where you want your colours
2. Smoosh Distress Inks onto an acrylic block and pick up colour with a paint brush and add to the wet area on the water colour card.
3. Set aside and allow to dry.
4. Die cut the smaller of the two Waffle Flower Feathers from the water coloured piece and spritz it with water and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Mist. Allow to dry.
5. Meanwhile stamp sentiment around the die cut section and adhere this piece to card base.
6. Adhere dry die cut feather back in place with foam tape - I layered the height of my foam tape so the feather has more dimension at the top than the bottom.
7. Tie twine/trim to the quill of the feather and curl into place.
8. Adhere a few coordinating sequins to complete card.




2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Linda! Love all the feathers about just now, and this technique is perfect for incorporating them into a card :)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10