Sunday, March 1, 2015

Happy Birthday with Angela

Hello there!! Angela here with a Birthday card that has a little of everything!! An inlaid technique, Distress ink blending, embossing its got the works!!!  I must say I have nearly all the Tim Holtz Distress Ink Colours and I really want to use them more! I love that they can look so different depending on what technique you use!! Such a versatile ink pad!




* Trim SBB white cardstock 15.5 cm x 21 cm and fold in half for a top opening card
*Trim Orange Cardstock  15.5 cm x 10.5 cm and adhere to base card.
* Trim SBB smooth white cardstock 15cm x 10cm and die cut the Memory Box Best Birthday Ever 
Die Birthday script die toward the bottom.  Making sure to keep the negative and all the little pieces.
* Emboss the smooth cardstock (minus the birthday die cut) with the Coture Creations Embossing Folder.
* With the gloss paper and your Tim Holtz Distress ink gently blend the colours to create a gradual change.
* Die cut the MB Birthday again, making sure you get a variety of colours in your die.
* Place the glossy "Birthday" into the Embossed white cardstock and fill the 'Negatives" with the spares left over.
* I usually have double sided tape on the back to make sure all the pieces stay in place.
* die cut a fish tail banner and stamp HAPPY along the bottom. Score two lines across the top and adhere to right of card. Sprinkle a few gems around the sentiment.
*Adhere card to top of card and leave three orange borders.




3 comments:

  1. Angela I LOVE this card! Looks fab and the Distress Inks are amazing I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card with the inlaid technique!!!!! That die set is next on my list for SBB purchases! Wonderful card, thanks for the inspiration Angela!
    Deb.xx

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10