Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Beeac Windmill Park at Dawn by Judith Armstrong

Hello everyone, welcome to my first post on the Scrapbook Boutique blog. I hope you are going to find inspiration in the projects I share with you.
This month I have been using Kaisercraft - Shine Bright. I am loving this collection the colour combo of black, grey, white and yellow is so striking. I love using texture and mixed media on my projects so chose a few that complemented this range.

Here is my first project:


1. I used the Prima Bloom stencil with circles which reminded me of the blades of the windmills in my photo. I just placed the stencil as is on the background paper (Canary) and daubed with a sponge some Viva Decor stamp paint. This gave a bit of a gritty texture with a touch of sparkle! 


2. I matted my photo in Sunbeam from the 6x6 pad and Bumblebee from the collection pack and inked round the edges with Distress Ink.
3. Added some border stickers from the sticker sheet and a strip from the bottom of the Canary paper.
4. I thought it would be fun to add some cute windmill embellishments so made my own windmill shapes by cutting out squares from the 6x6 pad and sticking 2 back to back to make them double sided (You could use squares cut from papers in the collection pack which are already double sided). Than I cut along the diagonals and folded down and stuck the flaps. I added some Ranger Liquid Pearls in the centre of each windmill.


5. I finished off with a couple of diecuts from the collectibles and some stickers which I added foam tape to to add dimension. 
6. Added my title using a mix of stickers and diecut alphas.




Products used:



3 comments:

  1. Great stencil for this subject Judith and love the grey and yellow together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, I think your layout is divine Judith!! I especially love the stencilling work on the background papers, and that Kaisercraft collection was absolutely perfect for your subject matter and photo. Brilliant and very inspiring indeed! :)
    Deb.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layout and how perfect is background very clever

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10