Thursday, December 19, 2013

'Stamped Treat Sacks' by Sue

Hi Everyone
Our DT Gal Sue has created some sweet gift bags that can be used for Christmas or any occasion. I hope they get you feeling crafty too!

Tutorial:
Sue says 'I really like to add little gifts for my crafting friends in useable bags and being able to combine fabric with stamping goodies is such fun. How about this: -

I made 4 very quick Homespun bags but you can purchase Calico bags from Craft stores.

Here’s how I made my four:
From the full width of fabric cut two 6” strips
Cross-cut them at 8.5” keeping the left over pieces for the casings. This will give 4 finished sacks.
On each one fold the top and bottom over at ¼” press and fold again at ½” press and stitch.
Fold the top to bottom with wrong sides facing each other.
Using Penny Black’s slapstick / Cling stamp ‘glory of modesty’ and Memento Luxe inks stamp on both sides of the fabric approx. 1” up from the centre crease. Use a brayer to make sure of a good transfer of ink.
To seal both open the fabric out and press with a warm iron using a sheet of copy paper between the iron and the fabric.
To complete the sack:
Add a 4-1/2” casing strip to the back and front of the sack.
Sew up the sides of the sack and turn out.
Measure 2 x 22” lengths of jute. Thread the first from the left side all around the bag through the casing. Then thread the second one from the right side in the same way.  Knot of the ends.
Cut a small rectangle of homespun for a nametag. Cut or punch a small hole through the top.
Ink some timber shapes (note) using Memento Luxe ink to match the colour of each sack. I added Glitter to the one for the black sack. When dry thread these through the tag and attach to the sack to finish off.
Fill your sacks with lollies of small gifts. The recipient gets a very usable sack to keep 

(Note)…Sue says 'she has added a link to some fabulous themed timber shapes available at Scrapbook Boutique. Unfortunately I wasn’t thinking ahead when I ordered my products, so used some tree decorations I had in my stash.'

Materials:



Thanks for stopping by
If you have any questions please email us at:


1 comment:

01 09 10