Tuesday, July 17, 2012

CHA Summer 2012 Peeks - Tim Holtz Stamps

By Tim Holtz
Posted: 10 Jul 2012 11:18 AM PDT
thanks for posting all of the wonderful comments yesterday bloggers.  it’s been so nice to read about everyone’s favorite images from this release and sharing the kind words to mario. i asked mario to select the winners so be sure to scroll all the way to the end of today’s post to see if you’re one of them!!!
there is no doubt as a stamper myself we all have our faves that we just love to create with and that of course, was the inspiration behind today’s debut…you see, back in 2005 i was asked to design 25 images for stampers anonymous to create a “signature collection”, talk about an opportunity of a lifetime.  quite honestly though, i didn’t think i had 25 ideas to turn into stamps (true story).  my love for stampers anonymous stamps started from day one when i first learned about stamping over 13 years ago.  i think what makes the original stampers anonymous images so unique was the fact that it was a mix of eclectic designers who all submitted artwork for the stamp line.  this combination of graphics, words, and illustrations created an artistic escape for me, a place where my creative thoughts could run wild.  to this day i still have and use my original, inked up, well “loved” wood mounted stampers anonymous stamps…
okay, so i’ve been pleading with mr. stampers anonymous for years now to bring back those classic images, that great assortment of timeless designs, but in cling mount.  well i’m happy to say that not only has he finally agreed to bringing them back, but he asked ME to personally select my favorite classic images and put them into sets.  these are the exact same size images as the wood mounted stamps, but now in the convenience of indexed cling mount sets.  seriously???  this is one of those full-circle moments for me and something i’m so excited to share with all of you – introducing stampers anonymous classic favorites…t!m
how about another giveaway?  tell me your classic favorite stampers anonymous stamp with this collection and post it on the blog.  we’ll pick more winners to announce tomorrow – good luck!
congrats to the winners from yesterday’s stamp giveaway preview post.  if you see your name and comment, please email mario@timholtz.com with your info – thanks!
Jerri Wood says:  I am loving the Halloween/ skull. Can’t wait to use that one.
Anna Ely says:  These are all awesome!!! Way to go Mario!  Decisions, decisions….I like the Autumn Blueprints series overall as a set…but the I’m really loving the snowman from the Christmas Blueprints!  Thanks so much for all the fun sneak peaks! This year’s releases are fabulous!  Anna
Robyn Josephs says:  my fave image is the mini christmas tree and ornaments
Beverly Sager says:  These are all so cool! My faves are the silhouettes and the Christmas blueprints. Ooh, the ideas are already swirling…
Marita Summers says:  Ohhh, the fall leaves/acorn blueprint is wonderful! Also luv the little mini’s blueprints! Welcome Mario III !!! Great job! P.S. And I love the halloween “fence” people too!
Cara P says:  Want, Need, Love them all but my fav is the Halloween 3 collection!
Laura Albertson says:  Love all the new stamps. My favorite blueprint is either the bat or the skull, can’t decide which. They are all awesome!
Shereen Julius says:  Always Awesome! Love anything Christmas so adore all the Christmas Blueprints! Second the leaves – thinking browns and greens – Thirdly the SKULL!! Simply Delicious! You definitely inspire me to work ten times harder to support my Tim Holtz addiction – Keep up the Good Work!
Libby M. says:  I adore these new blueprint sets!! My favorite hands down would be the snowman stamp. It conjures up memories of building those snowmen in my parents from yard on those snow days after our chores had been finished. You would have the “blueprint” in you head and hope it would work out.. My next favorite is the Christmas tree. You would always want to find just the right spot to hand the glass balls and lights where it would hide your “Charlie Brown” tree. The two sets (mini and larger) Christmas sets sure conjure up a lot of Christmas memories of the past. Beautifully done! This is an awesome release.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10